If you sense that something is wrong with your pet and you think it might be urgent, please contact us right away at (407) 862-6892. We’ll let you know whether you need to see us immediately, or if your pet can come in the following day for a checkup.
After Hours Emergency Vet
If our clinic is closed for the evening or weekend, we recommend contacting or going straight to the Veterinary Emergency Clinic of Casselberry, which is open nights, weekends, and holidays. We hope it gives you peace of mind to know that if we are not available, you have access to an emergency vet that can treat your companion and hospitalize them if necessary.
What is a Pet Emergency?
Some pet emergencies are obvious, such as getting hit by a car, taking a big fall, being bitten by a wild animal, or suffering a serious laceration or burn injury. Others are less dramatic, but likely still require an emergency vet for diagnosis and treatment:
- Heavy breathing/panting
- Coughing/gagging, as if trying to dislodge something from their throat
- No food or drink for 24 hours or more
- Straining to pass stool or urinate
- Not urinating or passing stool at all
- Sudden collapse and then getting up right after (this doesn’t always mean your pet is out of harm’s way)
- Bleeding from the nose, ears, or mouth
- Ongoing vomiting and/or diarrhea
Call Westmonte Animal Clinic at (407) 862-6892 if you observe anything listed above, or are just concerned that your pet has a serious problem. Our team will be glad to help. If we happen to be closed for the day, contact the Veterinary Emergency Clinic of Casselberry at (407) 644-4449.